NEW STUDIO POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Entry and Exit
- All doors will remain slightly opened to minimize anyone touching surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer will be applied onto all dancer’s hands upon entry into each studio space.
- We ask that all parents, whose children will need assistance getting into their studio, escort them into the building and to their designated studio space.
- We will be limiting the number of parents (in the building) walking their students to or from a class at any time (one parent/representative per family only please).
- Please wait in the parking lot and do not come in early – we will start allowing entry at least 5 minutes prior to the start of class. The lobby and any indoor common area will be closed however, dancers will have access to front desk staff should a need arise.
- We require that everyone in the building, including staff, wear masks while in common areas.
- Once your dancer enters the studio space, the wearing of masks is up to the discretion of our dancers and their families, so please talk to your child(ren) about your family’s rules. Students are welcome to wear masks, but it is not required while taking class.
- We will ask students to maintain a 6 foot distance from the nearest dancer(s).
What to bring in
- Please have your dancers arrive dressed and ready for class with as little to no baggage as possible.
- A (labeled) self-sealing water bottle, a snack (if there for multiple hours, no sharing please), and a change of dance shoes, if applicable.
- If more than one class, please dress in a way as to eliminate/minimize the need to completely change clothes.
- Please ask your dancer to observe social distancing protocol in the common areas and classrooms and to avoid physical contact with others. We all love to shake hands and hug, but for now, just wave and say hey to others from a distance.
- Our teachers will be directing students verbally with minimal contact, for hands-off corrections (unless necessary for spotting – ex. Acro), at this time.
- Social distancing reminders have been posted around the studio.
Parameters for entry
- Please do not attend on-campus if you feel ill, or have had a fever or any symptoms of any illness within the past 14 days. We would love to see you, but if you are at risk, have a compromised immune system, are sick, are showing signs of respiratory illness, currently have a fever above 99.6, have been around anyone that’s been sick, or are over the age of 65, but feel free to take advantage of our online classes from the comfort and safety of your own home. This also applies if you have been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 or if you live with someone that is at risk, sick, showing signs of respiratory illness currently have a fever above 99.6 or have been around anyone that’s been sick in the past 14 days.
- Classes will be 15 minutes shorter to accommodate cleaning/sanitizing time in between each class, so please factor that in when you consider pick up times (ex. A 5pm class that normally dismisses at 6pm will dismiss next week at 5:45pm).
Break between classes
- For students with breaks between classes, please remind them of your family’s rules around social distancing, and please instruct them to honor these guidelines during this downtime as well. The lobbies will be closed.
- We will be sanitizing any equipment used, when needed, for select classes (ex. Ballet barres, Acro mats, props, etc.), which we are able to wipe down and sanitize between classes.
- Please encourage your dancers to bring any individual equipment they may need, for example, a yoga mat, or any props necessary for class. Please disinfect at home before bringing.
We are asking that our families
- Take your child’s temperature before heading to the studio.
- Keep your dancer home if he/she/they have a cough, runny nose, or the slightest health concern. All dancers must be symptom-free to be allowed into either building.
- Talk with your children before coming to the studio about your family’s “rules” including whether or not they should wear a mask and/or gloves, and instruct them around social distancing parameters and the studios’ guidelines.
- We will continue to keep both rooms cleaned and sanitized daily for your family’s well-being. We will sanitize touchable surfaces/mats in between each class, as well as deep clean at the end or beginning of each day and restrooms throughout the days and evenings.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to all students throughout the studios. Our staff will wash their hands and use hand sanitizer hourly between each class as well.
- We have posted hand washing reminders in all restrooms and hand soap and paper towels will be regularly restocked.
- We will be running fans continuously inside the building to maximize air circulation and open bay doors if weather permits.
Additional precautions we are taking
- Teachers will all take their own temperature before each shift to confirm they do not have a fever.
- Please send questions to us via email, so we can minimize unnecessary contact, for the time being. We will start opening back up gradually as we follow current city/state recommendations.